Are You Ready for Trick-or-Treaters? Treat Yourself With One of These Halloween Coffee Drinks!
Halloween is an exciting time of the year for many kids who love candy and love getting dressed up in costume. Whether or not you’re looking forward to the spookiest night of the year, you’ll want to be prepared for trick-or-treaters by stocking up on pumpkin decorations and lots of candy to pass out. When Halloween falls on a weekday (this year it falls on a Wednesday), it can be overwhelming to get everything ready for the trick-or-treaters while also maintaining your usual work-week routine.
This year, make it a little easier on yourself by treating yourself to a delicious coffee beverage that will keep you energized for the long night of trick-or-treating with the kids, or just passing out candy from home. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite Halloween-themed coffee drinks, so enjoy one as you pass out treats and then another one to get you through the morning on November 1st.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
The pumpkin spice latte has become the official drink of the Halloween season, made famous by the Starbucks signature flavored latte drink. You can make your version of the drink from scratch using brewed coffee, pumpkin pie spice, and real pumpkin pureé. Averie Cooks concocts a PSL using spices like cinnamon and cardamom with a heaping spoonful of pumpkin puree.
We suggest the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice.
- Mix the pumpkin puree and warm spices with the brewed K-Cup Pod just as you would if you had brewed a pot.
- Warm your milk of choice on the stove and slowly pour it into the coffee mixture.
- Top with whipped cream for the perfect festive Halloween beverage.
Dirty Chai Latte
If you need that coffee pick-me-up as you pass out candy on Halloween but aren’t a huge fan of pumpkin flavor, you may love the homemade dirty chai latte. There are multiple ways to make this classic drink—you can purchase liquid chai tea concentrate and mix it with a shot of espresso, you can brew a bag of chai tea and mix it with espresso, or you can use your Keurig to make it super easy and convenient.
- Brew one chai tea K-Cup and mix it with an espresso roast K-Cup, like the Cafe Bustelo espresso K-Cup Pod.
- Add about 4 ounces of your milk of choice to this combination, and enjoy your dirty chai latte from the comfort of your home as you greet trick or treaters.
Apple Cider Latte
You’ve had apple cider, and you may have even had a caramel apple latte, but you probably haven’t tried an apple cider latte before. What better time to try it out than Halloween itself?!
- For this recipe, you can decide to use a shot of espresso, ½ cup of very strong coffee, or one brewed K-Cup Coffee of your choice. You’ll also need about two ounces of hot apple cider. We recommend you use the Green Mountain Hot Apple Cider K-Cup Pod.
- Mix the coffee and cider, then combine with ½ cup of milk and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy this playful take on a classic fall beverage.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, and other spices as a garnish that will deepen the flavor.
Spicy Mocha Latte
As all the kids are getting into costume, dress up your classic mocha latté by adding some classic Mexican spices. For this recipe:
- Brew six ounces of your coffee or espresso of choice. If you decide to use powdered chocolate, then combine the mocha powder with spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cayenne.
- If you’re using your Keurig to make this beverage, use a hot chocolate K-Cup like the Café Escapes Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa.
- Add the spices to your brewed hot chocolate, then combine with your coffee. Add warmed milk or cream to taste and enjoy your spicy mocha latte.